Healthcare Business Cluster in the Nordics
For Nordic companies in the healthcare sectorwith focus on business in Africa
Nordic companies in the healthcare sector can join our business cluster. We have min. 5 meetings a year and 1-2 business delegations to selected countries in Africa a year.
Penetration in Africa
We gather Nordic healthcare companies with focus on business opportunities in Africa
How to penetrate the African healthcare markets
Our Nordic Healthcare Cluster focuses on African healthcare markets, how to get access to the right people; authorities, distributors, hospitals, universities and other relevant stakeholders in the African countries.
Visit to selected African countries
We aim at visiting 1-2 African countries / markets a year on a business delegation. More information about Delegations.
(Healthcare) Members of AFRICA INNOVATION NETWORK: Free of charge
Non-members: EURO 1700 (ex. VAT) a year (each company).
Nordic Cluster meetings
Next meetings in 2022
- Copenhagen, Denmark, December 6th – Healthcare Business Cluster meeting at WS Audiology in Northern Copenhagen.
- Copenhagen, Denmark, April 5th (subject to change due to Covid-19), Healthcare Cluster Roundtable Meeting at Roche Diagnostics: “Sustainability in healthcare development in Africa“.
- Copenhagen, Denmark, September 13th, 2022, Healthcare Cluster Roundtable Meeting at WSAudiology: “Making hearing diagnosis and care accessible to all“.
- Oslo, Norway, (TBC) 2022, Healthcare Cluster Roundtable Meeting: “Norwegian healthcare companies in Africa“.
Our post-corona kickoff Nordic Healthcare Business Cluster meeting, April 5th, 2022 at Roche Diagnostics in Copenhagen. Statement from the participants Mr. Antoine Montier & Mr. Darren Lambert from WSA Audiology in Denmark.
Meetings in 2021
November 29th, 2021 (postponed due to Covid-19)
Healthcare Cluster Roundtable Meeting at Roche Diagnostics: “Sustainability in healthcare development in Africa“.
March 3rd, 2021
Healthcare Cluster Roundtable Meeting: “Public and Private actors in selected African countries”.
– Facts and figures about the healthcare sector in Africa. Which are the major players in the African healthcare industry.
– An overview of the public and private healthcare sector in selected African countries.
January 23th, 2021
Healthcare Cluster Roundtable Meeting: “The health-tech sector in Africa”.
– An overview of how fast digitalisation of the healthcare sector in Africa is taking place.
“In sub-Saharan Africa, infectious diseases such as malaria and HIV/AIDS cause 69% of deaths. Though we can deliver short-term aid and try to develop innovative vacinnes or treatment for diseases, the real issue is the danger of a weak healthcare system. To address this, we must focus on building better healthcare infrastructure in Africa”
World Economic Forum
Statements from the members
“It was great to meet such highly inspiring people and already at this first meeting we discussed concrete new business opportunities”
Mr. Bo Birk, Director, Int. Sales, Missionpharma
“The cluster is all about exploring and exploiting synergies in terms of products, distribution channels, experiences and connections”
Mr. Torben Holm Larsen, Technical Director, Real Relief
“Highly valuable sharing experience how other companies operate in Africa”
Mr. Søren Poulin, Vice President, Ambu
“It’s amazing to join forces with such a dynamic and like-minded business cluster on a common mission”
Mrs. Heidi Jacobsen, International Sales, Abena
Our next healthcare business delegation
We are aiming at visiting the 1-2 African countries a year. The duration of our business delegations is 3-5 days, depending on the character of the visit and the amount of matchmaking meetings on location. More info about Business delegations.
Next visit to Africa to investigate healthcare business opportunities will be concluded by the members in our cluster
AFRICA INNOVATION NETWORK Healthcare Business Cluster is for companies in the healthcare sector looking at the African continent as a market for penetration. If you like to apply for membership please send us an message through the contact form. Contact Director, Mr. Flemming Sørensen if you would like to know more about our healthcare business cluster: email@example.com